Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School



It is finally the first day of First grade. Payge was so excited that she didn't sleep last night. Terry took the 4 of us to a fancy breakfast at the only restaurant in Dugway, the Community Club, then it was off to school. Nate thought that he needed to go also but we finally got him to leave. She was so happy and could care less that we were there. She has 15 kids in her class this year. (the only thing nice about the school is the class sizes) She has half days the first week which she is not happy with, "I am in first grade and they don't get out until the sun is down not when Kindergarten gets out." She is so funny. Hope everyone had a good first day.

This is last night after we got all of the stuff ready for today. I think Nate was the only one with dry eyes.
These are the pictures of Payge walking home and in front of her favorite tree. (yes, that is how far the school is from our house and tomorrow we are going to try to ride the bike again)

4 comments:

Lauri said...

First grade!!! AHHH! I can't believe it! She looks so excited in those pictures! :) How cute!
I am going to be a mess when Jocelyn is in school! I already know it! She's going to preschool just one day for three hours and that is enough for me! :) I do enjoy breaks, but I don't know if I can handle school every day!! HAHA! :)

Liz said...

Yeah for the first day of school! Drew started school on Wednesday and is a huge fan also. See you guys soon!

Unknown said...

Hey, I thought I wrote a comment on here a few days ago. I must have forgotten to push the right button or something. Okay, let's see if I can remember everything:
I love, love that Payge has those curlers in her hair. I loved doing my hair that way and can't wait to do my girls'. The only problem is they don't have nearly enough hair yet! i guess it'll be easier when they sit still longer anyway. Of course, by then they'll be teenagers and it'll be so not cool. Payge looks like one happy kid. Is she still liking it? And how are you doing with just one at home?

1tiredmama said...

I haven't checked blogs in ages. Sorry. I just realized you tagged me kids a long time ago. It looks like it would be a fun to do with them. So it will be a little late, but it is coming soon! Yay for the first day of school. Tomorrow is the first day here. Ethan starts kindergarten. I am excited for him. I'm a little sad, but glad that he is so excited.