This is a post to vent so no need to read first paragraph. Terry has 24 hour duty today then next week, he will be gone from the 17-19, then get home at midnightish and then back to work on Monday. They are so not family oriented in the Army. It's all about the First Sgt. and higher. This is just crap. I can not sleep while he is gone and the kids don't go straight to bed. They have a bed time ritual with daddy and mom can not do it. It is so annoying. To top off this wonderful 24 hour, he is not supposed to have that for the whole month. He called and said that everyone would walk by and say "Rasch you are on CQ again?!" Yes jack he does. Sorry, just a little upset about it. In his old company if you pulled it on the weekend you at least got Monday off but not here. Oh no! They have you there at 0500 Monday morning unless you pulled on Sunday. That is the only way to get out of work on Monday. GGRRRR!!! All righty I'm done.
On a happier note: Payge got to go to work with her daddy on Tuesday after school. So after Terry was done they had to go run something to another place which gave Payge sometime to think. She was watching the helicopters run some maneuvers and looked at her daddy and said "Daddy I don't know what I want to do?" Terry looked at her and asked her what she meant. She says "I don't know if I should do the Army or Air Force?" Trying hard not to laugh out loud he said "Well what do you want to do?" Payge "I wanna fly an airplane but I also would love to be a doctor. But wait daddy, you are home a lot so I think maybe I should do Army. Air Force people are gone a lot with flights." Terry "Well baby when you were littler I was gone a lot." Payge "Really?" Terry "So it's up to you what you wanna do but just make sure you do what you wanna do." Payge "Well I know for sure that I don't wanna join the Navy because I would get sea sickness. Also I don't wanna be out on a boat for a long time." Terry "Well that's a good idea then to stay away from that." Payge "Thanks for talking to me daddy." She is just to cute for words. Love her lots!!
No comments:
Post a Comment