Payge's teacher asked Terry if he would be willing to come talk to the class about being in the Army and what he does and answer questions. So of course he said yes. We get there and some kids have flags, some are clapping and they have decorated the room with red, white and blue balloons and letters that they wrote to him.
That is Payge's teacher in the sweater on the chair.
It was so cute and fun.
Terry talks to them for about 30 mins and then they start asking questions. That was hilarious. What is your fav. war? What kind of gun do you like? What do you drive? If you could be in any War what would you be in? I mean they went on for probably about 30 more minutes. It was really fun at the end though. Mrs. Hellewell (payge's teacher) asked about the red shirts. She asked why we wore them. So Terry told her and on her weekly newsletter the next week she thanked him for coming and then asked all of the parents to start having the kids wear red and their families. I thought that was so nice of her. If you don't know why the red shirts on Friday, I will tell you. You are supposed to wear red shirts on Friday to support the military serving over seas in the combat zones and also to support the ones that lost their lives. So if you could all start wearing Friday that would be so wonderful! Thanks so much!!!!
I just loved this picture of her.
That is Payge's teacher in the sweater on the chair.
It was so cute and fun.
Terry talks to them for about 30 mins and then they start asking questions. That was hilarious. What is your fav. war? What kind of gun do you like? What do you drive? If you could be in any War what would you be in? I mean they went on for probably about 30 more minutes. It was really fun at the end though. Mrs. Hellewell (payge's teacher) asked about the red shirts. She asked why we wore them. So Terry told her and on her weekly newsletter the next week she thanked him for coming and then asked all of the parents to start having the kids wear red and their families. I thought that was so nice of her. If you don't know why the red shirts on Friday, I will tell you. You are supposed to wear red shirts on Friday to support the military serving over seas in the combat zones and also to support the ones that lost their lives. So if you could all start wearing Friday that would be so wonderful! Thanks so much!!!!
I just loved this picture of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment