Well, we had an interesting experience a couple of weekends ago. Let's just say it was a come to Jesus moment for Terry. We went to the coast of Washington for a weekend and spent some time on the beach. Here, you get to drive your cars right up on the beach to park. We took the van that weekend so we would have room for all the toys and chairs. About half way driving down the beach, there was no more moving. Pretty spot and all, but the van was buried up to the engine block. Lucky enough for us there were some guys with a 4x4 and a tow rope and pulled us out. So, after long thought and of course fasting and praying, we broke down and traded in the van for, let's just say, more of a utility vehicle. 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. Holidays are fun but also a great time for sales. We got pretty lucky! We laid out all the pro's and con's to a truck vs. what we had and a truck was just so much more of a benefit to us. Especially next summer when I move back to Utah while Terry deploys to Afghanistan. I could fill a truck bed's worth as well as a trailer. So far the biggest fans of the truck is Payge and Nate. They just want to drive it everywhere. And Nate thinks the HEMI engine is pretty cool because of the power and noise it makes. And to let you all in on a little secret, this is Terry's dream truck. Ever since the movie "Twister" came out while he was in high school he's wanted one. But, technically this one is mine. He takes the Honda to work. So I get to play with it!

This picture was taken at Solo Point. A gorgeous little spot on the Pudget Sound on base. We have a little tradition every Saturday morning we go there with breakfast and hot chocolate and enjoy the sights and sounds. Payge and Nate just love the truck now because they can sit and play in the bed of it!
Terry and his, I mean "our" Dodge Ram


3 comments:
I love it! It looks so new and shiny. I hope Terry (I mean you guys) enjoy it. :)
Every man needs a truck!
Every man needs a truck!
Post a Comment