Monday, August 31, 2009
Stressed
OK this is totally to blow off steam so if you don't want to read I totally understand. Payge has been going to school for about 4 years. She was doing therapy for a while in Fort Lewis and then we moved here and they said she was fine. So she has done two years and a week here in Dugway and her teacher pulls me aside and tells me that Payge is behind on reading. So of course I start to go back with her and tell her that since we moved her I have been telling her other two teachers that she has needed some extra help. She just does not like reading when the words get to hard or she really has to sound them out. So finally this teacher is taking it upon herself to help me and Payge. WHY?!? though has it taken me talking to the principal twice last year and probably about every other week during her kindergarten year to finally have someone say to me that she does need help. So the teacher, principal, Terry and me are meeting together tomorrow to figure something out. I am so tired of people not listening. Sorry I told you that you probably didn't want to read this. Hopefully this year she will finally be able to catch up and actually read a book without getting frustrated or without me getting mad. I am not very patient either with her and reading, so that probably doesn't help anything but we both are slowly getting better. Other than reading she is excelling. She is amazing in Math. So hopefully we can get this reading thing going on and it will get better. Sorry! Told ya I had to vent. I feel much better getting it off my chest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's so frustrating when you know something and know one will listen! I have a good friend that tutors kids she is supper sweet. If you ever want her # let me know. Hopefully you can help Paige love to read. We need to hang out. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up.
Believe me, I know how you feel!! There comes a point when you realize that you have to take matters into your own hands and make things happen. So, Ben LOVES to read (it's his saving grace!) but can't stand math--can't we meet in the middle somewhere?! Good luck, and you are always welcome to vent!! Love ya!
Post a Comment